Thursday, August 8, 2013

#5 August 8, 2013

Dear Family,

So this week has been another for the books! I was asked to serve as District Leader for the second half of our Missionary Training Center stay and so I hope I can do well in that capacity with the Lord's help! The language just keeps a-coming and hopefully we are exactly where the Lord wants us to be at this point in the process. It is really cool though, I was just reading the Book of Mormon in Shqip [Albanian] this morning and it was so much easier to comprehend than even earlier this week. Rules and different concepts are just clicking a bit better and "a vash a vash edhe hap pas hapi" (slowly, slowly and step by step) I am becoming more proficient. It is a wonderful thing to look at improvement and blessings that have been received over a time!

It was awesome to receive that package with all of the notes, cookies, and watch! Thanks a ton! Mom, a cheapie watch might be good, but don't stress about it too much, we don't even wear watches here during gym. I also loved to get some updates on other missionaries! Welcome back Addison! One of my FHE sisters is going into that mission [Zambia Lusaka] really soon here and it was cool to have been able to tell her that she was going to love it and that my cousin was getting that field ready for her!

Just yesterday I was studying truth a bit and once again found that scripture in Doctrine &Covenants that talks about how knowledge is light and truth, and when I was thinking about that it made me think about the First Vision which I have been saying over and over again in Albanian to get it really memorized. The pillar of light that Joseph saw over his head --the knowledge-- "descended gradually until it fell upon me." He saw this light, this truth, this knowledge and line upon line, precept upon precept, the knowledge came to him until he was bathed in the light. That is a pretty cool thought! More often than not the Lord will let the sun rise instead of flip the light switch. In this way we learn everything, and that is a pretty comforting thought. [Truth and light is given to us gradually for us to comprehend, not all at once to overwhelm us.]

Well, I don't have much time left, but life is good! The new cafeteria here started serving hot food for every meal on Monday and it is way good! Oh and Dad, today we actually got Pho [Vietnamese noodle soup] which wasn't really at all like the stuff at home, but it was still good!

I love you and I will talk to you in a week!

Elder Ostergaard

No comments:

Post a Comment