Monday, October 6, 2014

#65 October 6, 2014

Dear People,

This past week has been great. We missed a lot of work that could have been done because of helping the new trainees and stuff, but we can see a lot of good potential happening. One cool thing that happened this week was Elder Rawlings and I talking about our zone in relation to a mission goal of baptisms that we were going to have by the end of the year. We decided that we would have the missionaries in every unit discuss it and talk with the bishop about it so that the Lord can help us achieve this goal. The goals are pretty high and we are excited to see the missionaries here in the Tirona zone step it up to rip this goal to shreds.

So for General Conference, we actually did not get to see it this week. Instead, the entire thing was translated and next week the stake will watch it on DVDs in order to get rid of the possibility of internet mess-ups and such. We do indeed watch it in Albanian (unless President Weidmann changes his mind) and I am excited to be able to understand so much more of it this time (this is my 3rd conference in the country)!

I got the question if I was tall or not. I am indeed pretty tall, but my new companion is rather tall indeed (he is 2.04 meters, or 6'6'') and it is a weird experience for me, because he actually sticks out more than I do here. My red hair is very abnormal though and people are always really weirded out when they find out I can communicate with them.

I think that one of the cooler experiences that happened this week was when we were passing out fliers for English course earlier this week. We saw a member sitting at this little stand deep into 2nd ward territory and went to go say high to her. She was there with these two other girls and they ended up saying that their father was an inactive member and that they were willing to learn! That was pretty cool. We have met with them once since then and are excited to continue on with that. The Lord really does put people in our path that are ready for the message.

Well, I sure hope that you have a wonderful week this week and that you can find ways to be tools in the hands of the Lord.

Ju perqafoj,
Elder Ostergaard

P.S. My companion is the bukurosh in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment